Summer booking terms & conditions
By paying your deposit to confirm your space on a CMH Summer Adventure, you are agreeing to our Booking Terms and Conditions below. As mentioned in your deposit confirmation, you have 48 hours from the time of your deposit to review the terms of booking after which date you will be deemed to have agreed to them and your deposit will become non-refundable in accordance with these terms.
Please read the following terms and conditions:
- All rates and deposits are in Canadian dollars and will be subject to the applicable exchange rate if paid in another currency. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Your initial deposit is equal to 20% of your total trip cost (the ‘Deposit’), for each trip that you are applying to book, and is non-refundable.
- Full payments for all helicopter hiking or mountaineering trips are due and payable at the Banff office ninety (90) days before the commencement date for all trips booked; in cases where these full payments are not received ninety (90) days ahead of time, CMH reserves the right to release these spaces and you will forfeit your Deposit. Further, all payments for all helicopter hiking or mountaineering trips are deemed Deposits for the purposes of the terms of this booking and are non-refundable.
- All cancellations must be received by telephone at 1-800-661-0252 (or 403-762-7100) or confirmed in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not able to travel, you can reschedule your trip and use your funds towards any CMH trip in the existing summer or winter season, or the following winter or summer season. Funds must be scheduled before the end of the calendar year of your original travel dates. All monies become non-refundable once you have changed your trip dates.
- If CMH cancels a trip for any reason, guests will have the following options:
- Move full funds to another trip within the same or the following summer season
- Put funds on account to be used towards a new trip within 2 years, at which point they will be refunded if not applied to a new trip
- Refund of funds paid, if above options are not suitable for the guest
- Participation in any CMH Summer Adventure and Mountaineering trip is conditional on all members of the party completing our Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk, Warning, Indemnity and Consent to Medical Treatment Agreement no later than 30 days prior to the first day of your trip, failing which CMH reserves the right to release the space of any member of the party who has failed to do so and you will forfeit all amounts paid for that space.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to arrive at the CMH departure sites at the required times; and it is your responsibility for any extra costs incurred if a scheduled CMH departure is missed. It is also your responsibility to ensure proper entry through Canadian Customs and Immigration if entering from outside Canada. Refunds of deposits and payments made will not be given in cases where entry into Canada has been denied.
- Should events beyond the reasonable control of CMH, including but not limited to acts of God, disease, government regulation or advisory (including travel advisory warnings), terrorism or threats of terrorism as substantiated by governmental warnings or advisory notices, curtailment of transportation services or facilities which would materially affect attendees from attending, disaster, fire, earthquakes or extreme inclement weather (collectively referred to as "occurrences"), making your trip commercially impracticable, impracticable to perform, illegal, or impossible to fully perform, CMH may cancel your trip and terminate your booking, upon written notification. In such circumstances, please refer to CMH’s cancellation policy for more information on how we’ll handle your deposit and payment. CMH will not be liable for any liquidated damages, cancellation fees, rental charges, service charges, or any direct, consequential, compensatory, incidental damages or any other damages or amounts of any nature whatsoever.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.