Booking terms and conditions
Summer booking terms & conditions
Please select the appropriate season below
Booking terms & conditions
By paying your deposit to confirm your space on a CMH Summer Adventure, you are agreeing to our Booking Terms and Conditions below. As mentioned in your deposit confirmation, you have 72 hours from the time of your deposit to review the terms of booking after which date you will be deemed to have agreed to them and your deposit will become non-refundable in accordance with these terms.
Please read the following terms and conditions:
- All rates and deposits are in Canadian dollars and will be subject to the applicable exchange rate if paid in another currency. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Your initial deposit is equal to 20% of your total trip cost (the ‘Deposit’), for each trip that you are applying to book, and is non-refundable.
- Full payments for all helicopter hiking or mountaineering trips are due and payable at the Banff office ninety (90) days before the commencement date for all trips booked; in cases where these full payments are not received ninety (90) days ahead of time, CMH reserves the right to release these spaces and you will forfeit your Deposit. Further, all payments for all helicopter hiking or mountaineering trips are deemed Deposits for the purposes of the terms of this booking and are non-refundable.
- In all cases of guest cancellations or changes, the following conditions of our cancellation policy and change fee policy will apply:
- All cancellations or changes must be received by telephone at 1-800-661-0252 (or 403-762-7100) or confirmed in writing by email at email@example.com.
- If you choose to cancel your trip:
- less than 72 hours of paying your deposit, all your funds paid are refundable.
- more than ninety (90) days prior to trip start date the Deposit is non-refundable.
- zero (0) to ninety (90) days prior to trip start date all funds paid to CMH (including the Deposit) are non-refundable.
- If you are not able to travel with us on your scheduled trip, you can change your trip destination, your trip date, or the name on your booking within the same summer season as your original trip.
- If the change is received more than fifteen (15) days prior to trip start date, a $250 change fee will be applied per person per change.
- Changes are not permitted less than fifteen (15) days prior to the trip start date and all funds paid to CMH (including the Deposit) then become non-refundable.
- Changes can be applied to any trip within the same summer season as your original trip. All funds paid to CMH (including the Deposit) become non-refundable once you have made a change to your booking.Any changes are subject to any price increases and updated terms and conditions.
- If CMH cancels a trip for any reason, guests will have the following options:
- Move full funds to an equivalent trip within the current or following summer season subject to availability. If the guest selects a trip during the following summer season, CMH will apply the current summer season pricing for that trip.
- Move full funds to a trip within the following winter season, subject to price increases and to availability.
- Refund of funds paid to CMH, if the above options are not suitable for or not available to the guest.
- Participation in any CMH Summer Adventure and Mountaineering trip is conditional on all members of the party completing our Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk, Warning, Indemnity and Consent to Medical Treatment Agreement no later than 30 days prior to the first day of your trip, failing which CMH reserves the right to release the space of any member of the party who has failed to do so and you will forfeit all amounts paid for that space.
- It is the responsibility of all guests to arrive at the CMH departure sites at the required times; and it is your responsibility for any extra costs incurred if a scheduled CMH departure is missed. It is also your responsibility to ensure proper entry through Canadian Customs and Immigration if entering from outside Canada. Refunds of Deposits and funds paid will not be given in cases where entry into Canada has been denied.
- Should events beyond the reasonable control of CMH, including but not limited to acts of God, disease, government regulation or advisory (including travel advisory warnings), terrorism or threats of terrorism as substantiated by governmental warnings or advisory notices, curtailment of transportation services or facilities which would materially affect attendees from attending, disaster, fire, earthquakes or extreme inclement weather (collectively referred to as "occurrences"), making your trip commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible to fully perform, CMH may cancel your trip and terminate your booking, upon written notification. In such circumstances, please refer to CMH’s cancellation policy for more information on how we’ll handle your Deposit and payment. CMH will not be liable for any liquidated damages, cancellation fees, rental charges, service charges, or any direct, consequential, compensatory, incidental damages or any other damages or amounts of any nature whatsoever.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.